Confirmation of Your Booking
Vanilla Blue will send you an email of your catering order. This email represents a confirmation of your order, unless the email states that it is a quote. The order will be delivered and prepared as per the details on your email. It is your responsibility to review the details of your order and notify Vanilla Blue of any omissions or corrections. An invoice will be raised reflecting the items and prices outlined within this confirmation.
Order Lead Times
- Weekday orders can be placed up until 3:00pm day prior
- Saturday orders must be placed by 3:00pm Thursday
- Certain menu items require minimum 48 hours lead time
Minimum Order, Delivery fees and Windows
- Our minimum order value is $95 + GST for core deliver areas . Orders below $95 attract a surcharge
- On Melbourne Cup Day the minimum spend is $495 + GST. Orders below $495 will still be charged the minimum spend amount
- The delivery charge to core areas is $10 + GST .
- For Saturday catering our minimum is $250 and the delivery fee starts at $49 + GST for core areas.
- Standard delivery hours are between 7:00AM to 5:30PM Monday to Friday.
- Orders delivered outside of standard weekday delivery may attract an after-hours delivery surcharge
- Saturday delivery is from 8:00AM to 1:00PM and the delivery fee starts at $49 + GST depending on your delivery location
- See our delivery locations, fees, and minimums here.
- For orders greater than $500, Vanilla Blue will accept changes up until 2 business days prior to the event.
- Orders of a value of less than $500 can be changed up until 12.00PM the day before the event without a charge provided the order value is equal or greater.
- Orders changed on the day of delivery incur a $29 change fee.
Order or Event Cancellation
- For orders relating to corporate and private catering:
- Orders cancelled 3 business days or more prior to the event attract a $29 cancellation fee
- Orders cancelled 2 business days prior to the event attract a 25% cancellation fee
- Orders cancelled 1 business days prior to the event attract a 50% cancellation fee
- Orders cancelled on the day of the event attract a 100% cancellation fee.
For Seasonal, Event, or Limited Release products/orders:
- Events cancelled 4 business days or more prior to the event attract a $99 cancellation fee
- Events cancelled 3 business days prior to the event attract a 50% cancellation fee
- Events cancelled 2 business days prior to the event attract a 100% cancellation fee
- These types of events include Christmas, Easter, Melbourne Cup, Mardi Gras, Australia's Biggest Morning tea to name a few.
- For cold orders, deliveries may arrive up to 90 minutes prior to your requested delivery time. (On Melbourne Cup Day cold food may arrive up to 120 minutes prior to your event)
- For warm food orders may arrive up to 20 minutes before your requested delivery time. (On Melbourne Cup warm food may arrive up to 60 minutes before your requested event time)
- Please note that in the event your food is delivered very early your food will be delivered in hot boxes which keep the food warm for up to 60 minutes.
- Please allow a delivery window of 20 minutes to accommodate for loading dock, or Sydney traffic.
- If we are going to be later than your requested delivery time, we will call you prior to arrival to advise you of this, and will compensate you for any delivery more than 20 minutes late
- Please note a hot bag may be provided for warm food delivered more than 30 minutes before event time. Alcohol orders may be delivered up to 4 hours prior to your event
- Any redelivery of catering due to customer address error or change incurs at $29 redelivery fee. (On Melbourne Cup catering cannot be redelivered to another address)
- Vanilla Blue will honour the pricing provided in a quotation for 30 days.
- After 30 days Vanilla Blue reserves the right to adjust the prices quoted.
Vanilla Blue can offer a wide variety of specialty diet menu items. These include dairy free, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free and pork free. While we take the upmost care to accommodate your dietary requirements there can be traces of allergens found within our catering. In the event you or your client has a life-threatening anaphylaxis inducing allergy, we recommend they cater their own meal. Any instances where you or your client suffers loss or illness resulting from nuts or traces of allergens found in our catering, Vanilla Blue will not be held liable.
Equipment, Platter and Hot Bag Collection
Vanilla Blue will collect their equipment, platters tea and coffee urns, and hot bag the next business day. Please ensure they are cleaned and placed in a safe location so that the platters can be retrieved. Lost or broken equipment will be charged to you at their replacement value, unless they are disposable. If we are unable to retrieve the equipment after two attempts, we will send an invoice for the missing items. Please note that VIP melamine platters are not available on Melbourne Cup day.
Alcohol Sales and Service
- Vanilla Blue sells alcohol under our Caterers Liquor License #LIQO660036562
- Food must be ordered when purchasing alcohol from Vanilla Blue
- If Vanilla Blue is requested to serve alcohol, it will ensure the service is provided by RSA certified waitstaff during the event
- Vanilla Blue can only serve alcohol from 5:00am – 12:00am Monday – Saturday, and 10:00am – 10:00pm Sunday
- Where Vanilla Blue is catering to a function in excess of 100 people, we will provide written notice to L&GNSW, the local police, and the local council.
- All Vanilla Blue catered functions require a range of non-alcoholic beverages, including water, to be made available
- Vanilla Blue staff will have the right to refuse service of alcohol to any guest they consider to be under-age, intoxicated or acting in an offensive manner.
- Payment can be made by credit card, cheque, or EFT payment.
- We do offer corporate accounts. Please click here to complete our account application form.
- Our standard payment terms are net 7days, and credit card payments do attract a merchant fee based on the credit card used.
- Please note that we typically issue the invoice or charge your credit card on the day following delivery.
- For orders greater than $2,000 Vanilla Blue may request a 50% deposit